Company history

The company was founded in 1950 as the Pharmacy Center of Pest County Council. Its main activity besides pharmaceutical wholesaling was laboratory preparation and to supply the county's public pharmacies with FoNo, pharmacopoeial basic preparations and raw materials. These products were used in large quantities by the pharmacists in the manufacturing of mainstream medicinal products, but at the same time were very hard to produce within pharmacies.

Already at this time, various ointments, solutions, powder mixtures and tablets were produced in the laboratory. These dosage forms were prepared in bulk and were delivered to pharmacies in high volume packaging. In pharmacies, unpacking into smaller packaging units was carried out taking into account customer needs.

In the first half of the 1990s, as a result of the change of regime, the transformation of pharmacy centers began. The Pharmacy Center of the Pest County Council changed its name changed at first to Parma Patika Pharmaceutical Supply Company and later to Parma Rt. Subsequently, in 1996 Parma Produkt Kft. joined the PHOENIX group family as a legally independent pharmaceutical laboratory.

In order to facilitate their own workload, independent pharmacies demanded to purchase FoNo and Pharmacopoeia products in small packages, which could be sold immediately to patients.

In 2004 - after Hungary's accession to the EU - it was mandatory to register FoNo products containing the active ingredient and which can be dispensed directly to patients with the National Institute of Pharmacy and Nutrition (OGYÉI). These special marketing authorizations are valid only for the territory of Hungary. Only two laboratories producing FoNo formulations still exist in Hungary, one of which being Parma Produkt.

In order to speed up and facilitate the work of the pharmacy, Parma Produkt Kft. produced an increasing number of tablets, suppositories packed in blisters and boxes, as well as tube and boxed ointments as services for pharmacies. These products were equivalent to and substitutable for the prescription medicines produced and dispensed in the pharmacy. This is the case still today.